JetKids AS processes personal data. We respect your privacy and aim to carefully and safely use your personal data within the limits set by law. In this Privacy Statement we describe who we are, how and for which purposes we process your personal data, how you can exercise your privacy rights and all other information, which can be relevant to you.
We did our best to write all information clear and readable. However, if you have any questions about our use of your personal data after reading this Privacy Statement, you can of course always contact us. Further, on in this Privacy Statement you can read how you can get in touch with us.
Finally, we would like to point out that our service provisions develop and with this also our Privacy Statement. We recommend you to regularly check if there has been any modification to the Privacy Statement, so that you exactly know where you stand. In case of significant modifications, we will inform you by email and/or notify you on our homepage.
Where are we located?
We are established in Norway at the address: Ullersmovegen 1, 2040 Kløfta.
Which personal data does JetKids collect from you?
JetKids AS collects several categories of personal data:
- Personal and contact details (for example name, ship- and bill-to address, email address, telephone number)
- Company details (for example postal address, VAT number and Chamber of Commerce number)
- Account details (for example username and password)
- Purchase details (for example date of purchase and type of product)
- Marketing and market research preferences (for example whether you have registered or signed off for e-mail offers and/or our research survey)
- Interaction details including pictures (for example your contact with our customer service, digital and/or written correspondence and for instance when you upload pictures to support your service requests)
When you purchase a product, you will also receive a request to provide your payment details. Those personal data will be collected and processed directly by one of our third party payment providers. These third parties are responsible for processing your payment details within the limits set by law. JetKids does not have access to your payment details and those personal data will not be collected and/or processed by us. Thus, this Privacy Statement does not apply on the aforementioned process activity. For more information about the way your payment details are collected and processed, we refer to the privacy statement on the websites of our partners Stripe and Paypal.
We receive the categories of personal data as described above directly from you.
Personal data directly provided by and about you
- Personal data which you provide when creating an account and/or a register a product and/or other information which you enter or provide through the use of our website
- Personal data which you provide when you purchase a product
- Personal data which you provide as a result of your surfing behaviour on our website
- Personal data which you provide when filling in our paper form during an event
- Personal data you provide as part of (inter alia) service requests, correspondence, feedback, help (Q&A), dispute settlements, and suchlike.
Personal data about others directly provided by you
It is possible that you share personal data about other persons with us. For example, address or contact details of others when you provide us with alternative shipping addresses during the checkout. We draw your attention that it is your own responsibility to verify whether those persons approve the disclosure of their personal data to JetKids.
Personal data we receive from third parties
We can receive (inter alia) additional personal data, for example with the help of social media platforms or services of third parties, in so far as permitted by law. The limits set by the law can, for example, require your given consent in advance.
When you communicate or interact with or about us via social media (for example when you post a message, upload media, or press the 'Like' button) we can (or third parties acting on our behalf) collect personal data about you (information contained in your public profile such as your (user)name, profile picture, gender, age range, country, e.g.). We don’t store this information. We use this information to enhance our presence on these platforms and identify the interests and preferences of our (future) customers.
For which purposes does JetKids processes your personal data?
JetKids collects and processes your personal data for the performance of the purchase agreement(s) as entered into with you, administration, service, communication and (personalized or not) marketing, fraud investigation, quality and management purposes and to fulfil all legal obligations.
Here you find more detailed information about the different purposes as described in the first layer.
Performance of a contract. To prepare, effect, perform and (possibly) terminate the purchase agreement(s) as agreed upon between you and JetKids.
Administration. For the performance and monitoring of the administration of JetKids in a broad sense.
Service, communication, marketing and personalization purposes. For the performance of customer service, to make (possible personalized) offers, and/or to provide and share information about activities of JetKids.
Quality and management purposes. To monitor and improve the quality of the services, products, processes and systems, to inform management and to perform internal reviews.
Legislation and regulation. For identification, to counter fraud, to perform audits, to secure safety within the company and to comply with legislation and regulation.
On which legal ground does JetKids base the processing of your personal data?
Processing of personal data is only lawful when it is based on one of the by law exhaustive listed grounds. JetKids relies on three of those legal grounds. Our processing activities take place for the benefit of performing a contract, and/or a legitimate interest of JetKids, or your given consent.
Performance of a contract. We use your personal data to perform the necessary steps before entering a contract and to perform the contract we entered into together with you.
Legitimate interest. We use your personal data also for JetKids legitimate interests. Under the following headline you can read more about the legitimate interests of JetKids.
Given consent. With your given consent we are allowed to use your personal data for certain marketing purposes and/or to support us in our market research. You can always withdraw your given consent.
Which legitimate interest of JetKids makes the processing of your personal data lawful?
For JetKids the processing of your personal data is necessary to create and maintain a lasting relationship with its customers, to monitor and improve our products, services and processes and to protect its reasonable corporate interests. For example, to inform our customers about new products, services and activities, to ask consumers to provide us with feedback on our products, to prevent security incidents and abuse of our applications or to protect JetKids interests in (possible) legal proceedings.
You can always contact us directly by sending an email to: email@example.com
To whom does JetKids provide your personal data?
JetKids can provide your personal data to third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement and in so far as permitted by law. Without your explicit consent JetKids does not provide your personal data to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Your personal data can be received by the following categories of recipients:
Group companies: We may share personal data with our group companies for the purpose of providing jointly content and products and/or services (such as registration and customer support), the development of new products, websites, applications, services, tools and communication, and to prevent, trace and examine possible illegal activities, infringements of our policies, fraud and/or breaches of our data security.
Authorities: For example, supervisory authorities, Tax and Customs Administration, police and other statutory bodies.
We may provide your personal data:
- To comply with a statutory obligation or court order; or
- If this is necessary to prevent, trace or prosecute criminal acts; or
- If this is necessary to enforce our policies, or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
Business service companies: To provide our services we use third parties. For example, a transportation company which is requested by JetKids to deliver the product you have purchased, or an online payment provider to that is requested by JetKids to handle online payments. In addition we also engage third parties such as analytics companies, advertising agencies and social media platforms to analyse the data about your website use, to perform possible personalization of the website and communication, and the display of relevant offers and advertisements.
Other: Each third party to which we – with your given consent – provide your personal data (for example within the context of a collaboration), and/ or to which JetKids now or in the future forms part of as a result of a restructuring, merger or acquisition.
Insofar as these third parties process your data they do so in the capacity of processor for JetKids. JetKids has taken the necessary measures to ensure that your data is exclusively used for the above purposes.
How do we protect you data?
We have adopted both technical and organisational measures to protect your data against loss, theft and unauthorised access. We continually improve our security measures in case of technological advances and developments. We also recommend that you properly and correctly secure your own passwords and electronic data carriers you use.
Is your personal data being transferred outside the EU?
When needed your personal data is being transferred and/or processed outside the European Union. JetKids has taken all necessary measures to secure that the transfers only take place within the limits set by law.
All European countries are bound to the same set of statutory rules. This set needs to secure a consistent level of protection when processing personal data within the European Union.
JetKids is allowed to (lawfully) transfer your personal data to countries based on an so-called ‘adequacy decision’. An adequacy decision is a decision of the European Commission that decides that the country in question ensures an adequate level of protection with regard to personal data.
The (lawful) transfer of personal data to other countries will only be done after appropriate safeguards provided by JetKids are in place.
How long does JetKids store your personal data?
Your personal data will be removed and/or made anonymous when your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which these personal data are processed. In addition to that, we can assure you that JetKids will not store your personal data longer than permitted by law.
How can you manage your personal data?
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning yourself are being processed by JetKids and, if so, to request access to an overview of the personal data, and rectification and/or erasure of it. In addition to this, you also have the right of restriction of processing concerning your personal data, the right to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. Below you can read where and how you can invoke all those rights.
In case you want to have access to an overview of all process activities and/or you want to rectify or erase (in so far as permissible) personal data and you are not able to do so yourself, you can contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind that JetKids may ask for additional information to verify your identity.
Can you withdraw your given consent?
If you gave your consent for a specific process activity concerning your personal data, you can at any time withdraw this consent. Keep in mind that withdrawal does not have retrospective effect and the withdrawal of your consent is only possible in case you first have given your consent.
You can contact us to manifest your withdrawal of consent by contacting us via email: email@example.com
Can you lodge a complaint?
You can lodge a complaint with the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet) when you have a complaint about the use of your personal data by JetKids. For example, if you believe that JetKids does not use your personal data carefully, or because you have sent us a request to access or rectification of your personal data and you are not satisfied with our reply.
You can lodge your complaint with the Norwegian Data Protection Authority through the website www.datatilsynet.no
Does JetKids use profiling techniques?
We would like to approach you in a personal and relevant way. To make that possible, we bundle, combine and analyse personal data so that we can determine the most relevant target groups and segments, content, advertisements, information, moments and channels, and limit the contact requests.
For our profiling purposes the following personal data, in alternating combinations, can be combined, analysed or segmented:
- Demographic details: This does not concern personal data, but for example district level data. When demographic data is being bundled to an individual, the data could become personal data.
- Transactional details: Personal data which result from a transaction between JetKids and you.
- Interaction details: Personal data which result from correspondence between JetKids and you. For example, the products you have ordered or registered, the service requests you created, what kind of browser you use, what kind of device you have and other cookies identifiers. Offline interactions are also included.
- Behaviour details: Personal data about your behaviour that JetKids processes, such as your preferences, opinion, wishes and needs. We can gather this data, for example, by monitoring your surfing behaviour on our website or your link with a social media-account. Only with your given consent we collect and process information with the help of tracking cookies.
In case you do not want to receive personalized marketing, you can contact us to manifest this by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
JetKids Cookie Statement
What are cookies and similar techniques?
Cookies are small text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to (or read off) your device when you visit a website through, for example, the browser of your computer, tablet, or smartphone. This small text file enables data (sometimes even personal data) to be stored and/or consulted. This (personal) data allows you to be identified when you visit the website at a later stage.
What does JetKids AS do with cookies?
- Functional cookies: A number of these cookies are essential to ensure the proper technical functioning of the website. Other functional cookies provide website functionality such as the possibility to save preferred settings or shopping cart contents and to facilitate logging into the user account of our website.
- Analytical cookies: JetKids AS uses tools to analyze how visitors use our website, so we can enhance the user-friendliness of the website. In addition we use these cookies to create statistics on the user behaviour on our website, for example about the number of visitors to specific pages, whether a website visitor has been on our website before or to analyse logged in users and identify cross device usage.
- Advertising or tracking cookies: JetKids AS uses various (third party) cookies for promotional ends. The personal data collected, is analyzed and used for the development of campaigns and target audiences, which allow for the most relevant information and personalized communications in our advertising. These cookies and similar technologies are placed by third parties. Your browsing behavior may be followed over multiple website by these third parties. JetKids AS does not receive information from the tracking cookie parties about your visit to other websites beyond the JetKids websites. The parties controlling those tracking cookies are authorized to transmit this data in a secured manner to third parties. The (personal) data the tracking cookies collects and uses, require an appropriate privacy statement by the third party controller. JetKids AS has no influence over these cookies, their use and is not responsible in this regard.
What (personal) data does JetKids collect through Cookies?
JetKids collects the following data for the following types of cookies:
- The products you add to your shopping bag while shopping online are remembered and stored;
- The information you fill in on the different pages during checkout or order will be remembered, as
- well as whether you are logged in, so that you do not have to fill in all your details again and again;
- Your preferences, such as language or location;
- Your browser settings are saved so that you can view our websites optimally on your screen;
- You have the possibility to save your login data so that you don't have to re-enter it every time.
- The IP address (anonymized by our third party tool providers);
- Technical features such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) and the resolution of your computer screen;
- From which page you clicked to our website;
- When and for how long you visited our website and which pages and functionalities you used during your visit;
- The steps you have taken within or towards the ordering process and your transactions;
- Your use of the website over different device and unique identifiers, such as the unique visitor ID assigned to your device when you visit our websites, transaction ID and hashed customer ID.
- We can track which ads you have already seen and whether an ad was clicked;
- We can track whether you placed an order, including details such as order revenue, after you have seen or clicked on an ad;
- We can combine our analytical data with our advertising activities to, for example, build up segments on the basis of this data;
- We may use third party services to serve more relevant ads to you based on your usage and interaction with these third parties (for example ads based on your social media usage).
How can you block cookies?
By changing your browser settings, you can set your browser preferences in order not to accept any cookies (from the JetKids website). If your browser does not accept cookies from our website, access to certain website functionalities can be denied and/or the use of all website functionalities as a whole can be limited. In case you choose to block specific cookies, please refer to the instructions above.
For more information about third party cookies and your opt-out possibilities, see www.youronlinechoices.eu or www.aboutads.info/choices
Changes to the Cookie Statement
JetKids reserves the right to change the Cookie Statement. In case significant changes are implemented, JetKids can choose to inform you about the changes and provide you with the possibility to change your cookie settings. We advise you to consult the Cookie Statement regularly so that you keep up to date on any eventual and relevant changes.
Terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") govern matters relating to orders done from JetKids AS and the webshops of the www.jet-kids.com website (the "Service") which is operated by JetKids AS ("us", "we", or "our").
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service ("Purchase"), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete.
By submitting such information, you grant us the right to provide the information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Purchases.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for certain reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order or other reasons.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected.
Availability, Errors and Inaccuracies
We are constantly updating our offerings of products and services on the Service. The products or services available on our Service may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable, and we may experience delays in updating information on the Service and in our advertising on other web sites.
We cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information, including prices, product images, specifications, availability, and services. We reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
Contests, Sweepstakes and Promotions
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of JetKids AS and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the Norway and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of JetKids AS.
Proper use of products
All user instructions, manuals, guides and safety guidelines found on our website and those enclosed to our products must be read and understood before using or reselling products purchased from us. We take no responsibility for improper use, and we expressly disclaims any liability related to misuse of the products, improper product selection, product recommendation, or misapplication of the products.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by JetKids AS.
JetKids AS has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that JetKids AS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall JetKids AS, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
We offer a 2 year limited warranty on our products, from the date of purchase. To be able to claim under the warranty, you must send an email to email@example.com, and provide us a proof of purchase. We will repair or replace your product if it is faulty due to defects in material or workmanship.
We may take reasonable steps to confirm the faulty product. This may include requiring photos of the faults or sending the product back to us. You will be responsible for sending the product back to us, and cover the related costs for this.
We will not be required to repair or replace your product (or provide replacement parts for you to repair it) if:
- it is damaged due to neglect or wear and tear (including scratches and stains) where this is not the result of defects in materials or workmanship;
- it has been damaged accidentally (eg by transporting unusual items);
- you have used or stored it inappropriately;
- it has been modified or altered;
- traps or other removable parts are lost or damaged where this is not the result of defects in materials or workmanship; or
- we have reason to think your claim is dishonest or fraudulent.
We are not responsible for any damage to or loss of the contents of your product nor are we responsible for loss of use, loss of time or other incidental expenses. The guarantee does not cover labour charges or damages attributable to work performed by anyone else. The guarantee does not cover any damage caused by misuse (such as transportation of unusual items), neglect, accidents, abrasion, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids, water, normal wear and tear or transport damage (eg by airlines).The guarantee provided is limited to the value of the product.
Business / wholesale customers
The Returns and Refunds Policy does not apply to business & wholesale customers/orders. All sales are final.
All Business/wholesale customers must obtain and maintain good technical and practical knowledge of our products.
We will only accept wholesale orders from Business/wholesale customers with a valid agreement. As a business/wholesale customer, you are only allowed to sell our products on your own website, and through your own physical store. Selling on Amazon and Ebay is not allowed, unless approved in writing.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Except when clearly stated, the Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
JetKids AS its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; or b) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
This Agreement and the interpretation of its terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Norway, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Norway. Any dispute or difference arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be settled by Norwegian courts, with Oslo district court as the court of first instance.