Fun and functional with ample storage, BedBox™ holds all your child’s must-haves. Once packed, let your little one ride it (or pull it) through the airport, train or ferry terminal for stress-free transport. Once the seat belt sign is off, BedBox™ transforms from a suitcase into a bed in 5 simple steps.
- Ride-on functionality suitable for children 3-7 years
- Bed feature is suitable for children over 2 years
- Bed feature officially approved by many airlines and usable on trains and ferries
How to set up BedBox™
Economy to first class seat in just 5 simple steps.
Before you go
- Personalize your BedBox™ with included stickers
- Pack essentials for the journey thanks to a spacious interior (23L capacity)
- Shock absorbing front swivel wheels for excellent manoeuvring
- Multi-purpose adjustable strap for carrying or pulling the BedBox™
- Top handle for your child to hold while riding or being pulled
- Tired feet can rest on the comfortable foot ledge
- BedBox™ has carry-on dimensions and can be brought onboard as your child’s hand luggage. It can be stowed under the seat in front or in the overhead compartments
- BedBox™ transforms from a suitcase to a bed in 5 simple steps
- For use in planes, trains and ferries, where a seat extender is convenient
- The extendable lid lengthens the seat to create a larger surface ideal for sleeping
- Two-piece mattress creates a comfortable space on the seat
- Universal and fits most standard economy seats in aircrafts
- Seat belt can be used whether lying down or sitting upright
We used this successfully once and loved it! Unfortunately the next time we used it, the flight attendant told us it wasn’t allowed and we weren’t able to use it on a 13-hr transatlantic flight. It was on Turkish Airlines, which has supposedly officially approved this product. Be aware that the official approval means nothing and you are at the mercy of the individual flight attendant- if she is having a bad day you won’t be able to use it.
I was quite disappointed with this product. I actually plan on contacting Stokke and seeing if they would potentially refund me for this. I don’t want to return it to where I purchased as it is a small business and not their fault that it is a poorly designed product. Several aspects of this suitcase make it difficult to use. It is hard to roll and it wiggles all over the place, constantly bumping into our legs as we walk. The lid is barely held on by the buttons that push in on the ends. What a bad design! The slightest bump and the lid pops off! So easy for your child’s important sleeping items to fall out and get lost and or dirty, whether while being loaded in the car or going through security. There is no way to secure it closed and the lid comes off with the slightest pressure. Also once you take the lid off and turn it over whether to use as the bed or as a small kid friendly container for snacks and toys, it it quite difficult to slide the lid of the inner compartment open. It does not slide easily but takes at least 4-5 tries every time to get it open. The pull strap is also a poor design. It falls on the floor of the airport or car rental station or generally anywhere you stop at the drop of a hat. Despite trying to wrap the strap and tuck it into the riding handle to prevent it falling down, it quickly became discolored and disgusting just on our very first trip. I would never again purchase a suitcase that doesn’t have a solid handle. I definitely would not want my small child pulling this and handling it. Very disappointed. I feel this is a gimmick and just an instagram prop (useless to me as I am not active there). I know two airline pilots took 6 years to design this but I am extremely surprised at the many many design flaws. I will say it has 2 stars simply because having a place for baby to spread out and sleep on the flight was very useful. But I wish I had paid $15 for a simple inflatable pillow instead of wasting nearly $200 on this.
It’s cute and my little one liked adding the stickers but the suitcase itself feels a bit flimsy, the mattress bit didn’t have any way to secure it so the sides were keep flopping back and it was slipping every time my little one moved 🙁 it’s a very expensive product and I feel it didn’t really provide that much extra space especially that it didn’t feel very secure…